In my family these gems are known as Kissy Cookies, but to many people these are also known as Peanut Blossoms. No Christmas cookie platter is to be without these classics. I made these twice during the week of Christmas and New Year's because they are so delicious and always a crowd pleaser!
- Preheat the oven to 375 and prepare two baking sheets.
- Beat together the shortening and peanut butter in a stand mixer until combined.
- Add in the sugars and beat until fluffy.
- Add in the egg, honey, milk, and vanilla until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and combine.
- Form the dough into 1-inch balls and roll them around in granulated sugar before placing on the baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
- Immediately press one unwrapped Hershey's Kiss into eat cookie and allow to cool for a minute or two on the baking sheet before moving to a cooling rack to finish cooling.