Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins

This is what I did this afternoon during naptime...

I was going to make straight up banana bread, but my favorite recipe calls for plain yogurt which I did not have laying around since I really only buy it for baking since I think it tastes like nothing. I remembered that a friend of mine that runs the baking site Baked Perfection (go visit, she's awesome!) had a few banana muffin recipes that I had been wanting to try. I decided to try out the Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins since I'll eat anything with peanut butter and since I failed to observe National Peanut Butter Day back on January 24th it was meant to be ;-)

I made a few alterations, namely baking mini-muffins instead of regular sized which cut the baking time to 8-10 minutes. I also added about a tablespoon of honey into the batter since my peanut butter cookie recipe uses honey as it's not so secret secret ingredient.

Delicious and just in time for my naptime cup of coffee!

1 comment: