Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins
Makes 18 muffins
2 cups whole wheat all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup white sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1 1/2 cup strawberries, quartered (slightly frozen)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, and butter.
- Add the vanilla extract and yogurt to the sugar mixture.
- Gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in the strawberries (mine were slightly frozen which helped them keep their shape).
- Scoop batter into muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes.