This summer has been one of business travel, the most since the summer of 2006 which we really don't speak of much because there was just that much travel and it's all sort of a blur. As an "I'm sorry I've left you alone so much this summer" present I received several pieces of Le Creuset cookware from Hubby.
I decided to test out the dutch (French) oven on a quick batch of soup and decided to combine a few of my favorite things from both my Taco Soup recipe and my Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe because, well it was a rainy Saturday night and the idea of soup and a grilled cheese sounded pretty perfect.
Quick and Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 small can diced green chilies, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 package of Taco Seasoning
1 can condensed Tomato Soup
1 cup frozen corn
~3 cups water/chicken stock
- In a soup pot heat some oil and saute onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add in chicken and Taco Seasoning and stir until well combined.
- Add in the other ingredients (I just filled up my tomato soup can 4 times for the water at the end and that looked pretty good to me...we like a more chunky soup or stew-like consistency around here, but you can totally thin it out if you want).
- Heat for 15-20 minutes and serve (you can always leave it on the stove for longer...it only becomes more delicious!)
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheese, and broken bits of tortilla chips on top.