1 large sweet potato (yielding about 1 cup of puree)
1 c. flour
1 c. oats
1/3 c. light brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c. whole milk
1/4 c. oil
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Rinse off sweet potato then wrap in foil and place on a foil lined pan (I've had several sweet potato mishaps so the pan may be overkill for some of you...but I've had to clean up one too many sweet potato disasters in my day!)
- Poke several holes in the potato and bake for about one hour or until tender. (I'd go ahead and let the oven cool down in case you don't get around to the actual muffins for a little while...)
- Allow the potato to cool and then puree either with a food processor or with a fork and your amazing arm muscles.
- When you're ready to make the muffins, preheat the oven to 350.
- In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl (or stand mixer) mix together the wet ingredients, including 1 cup of the sweet potato puree.
- Add in the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into greased mini-muffin tins and bake for about 15 minutes.