How can you not attempt a recipe with a name like "Catch a Man Chicken"?! Granted, I've already got my man, but all the same, I was sure this dish, completely with bacon, would be a winner. This was pulled from Tasty Kitchen from the Pioneer Woman's website and I really made minimal changes to help make this fit in with our diet plan.
Catch a Man Chicken
Estimated Point Value: 5 pts*
1 lb package of thinly sliced chicken breasts
12 Slices of Bacon
1 can Cream Of Chicken Soup
8 oz. Sour Cream
Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray a large casserole dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- Wrap each piece of chicken with two slices of bacon (there are typically 6 cuts of chicken in the "thinly sliced" Perdue packages, which are my go-to choice. Lay the bacon wrapped chicken in the greased pan, be careful not to over lap the chicken too much.
- Sprinkle with steak seasoning, salt, and pepper (the steak seasoning, in my opinion, was an awesome addition).
- In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream and can of soup and spread evenly over the bacon wrapped chicken.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 3 hours (your house will smell bacony and amazing).
Obviously you could use actual chicken breasts for this dish, but I would extend the cooking time a little bit and for 6 chicken breasts I would double the amount of sauce...if you're not watching your waistline or attempting to lose a ridiculous amount of baby weight, this would most definitely be a tasty option!
* The estimated point value of this dish is only for the chicken, any rice or pasta will be additional points.)