I realize this is a "standard" for most Southern families, but I have just discovered it. As far as I can tell, all the recipes contain the same basic ingredients, but for the sake of my sanity (so I can easily find the recipe again next time I get the hankerin') I'm throwing the combo I used here on the blog.
2 Chicken Breasts (or 6-8 Chicken Tenders)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup (Campbell's Healthy Request)
8 oz. Sour Cream (Light)
1 Tbsp. Poppyseeds
1/2 tube Ritz Crackers
1/2 stick Butter (melted)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Boil the chicken and cut into small, bite-sized pieces.
3. Mix chicken, soup, sour cream, and poppyseeds together and put into 9X9 pan.
4. Crumble Ritz crackers on top of the chicken mixture.
5. Pour melted butter over the top.
6. Bake for ~30 minutes.
7. Serve over rice (mashed potatoes, egg noodles, or grits would probably be awesome as well...)
Next time I'm definitely adding canned mushrooms to the chicken mixture...and/or peas depending on if Hubby is around ;-)