Ghetto Shepherd's Pie
1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
16 oz frozen veggies (choose your favorites)
1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Mexican blend, etc.)
Garlic salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a 2.5 quart baking dish.
- Peel and halve potatoes and boil in a large pot.
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef and onion together.
- Add half the can of soup, the Worcestershire, and the marinade (my two secret weapons of choice these days!) to the beef.
- Once combined, stir in the veggies and pour mixture into the baking dish.
- Drain potatoes and return to the hot pot.
- Mash potatoes together with the remaining half of the soup, cheese, salt, and pepper (use milk to thin out if necessary).
- Spread potatoes on top of the beef mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
The beef mixture was tasty, but the potatoes needed a bit of work according to Hubby. I'll definitely be using this as a jumping off point though in the future!