Breakfast Oat Cakes
6 oat cakes
Estimated Point Value: 4 pts
1 1/2 cup oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (or whatever you want, raisins, nuts, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and get a small baking sheet greased and ready to go.
- Mix together the first 6 ingredients (all the dry except for the chocolate chips) making sure to break up the lumps from the brown sugar.
- Add in all the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. (This will not look like your typical batter by any means...it's okay.)
- Stir in the chocolate chips (or whatever add-in you choose).
- Using a large spoon, mound up the batter and make six "drop biscuits" on your pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with honey while they are still hot.
These are amazing straight from the oven and pretty good the next day as well (they definitely hold together a little better the next day but the flavor is not quite as amazing). This is definitely not an oatmeal raisin cookie, so don't be expecting that...it's more granola bar-y maybe? I don't know, it's close enough for a cookie for breakfast without actually being a cookie for breakfast that I feel okay about myself after I eat them 0=)
(Not that I feel too bad just eating cookies for breakfast from time to time anyway =P)