Buffalo Pulled Chicken
Serves 5 (generously)
Estimated Point Value: 4.5 pts
1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts (I used frozen)
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch mix
2 Tbsp butter, salted
1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- In a crock pot, layer the chicken breasts after spraying the pot with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the packet of dressing mix over the top of the chicken.
- Pour the hot sauce and chicken stock over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours remove the chicken from the crock pot and "pull" (using two forks or the handy stand-mixer-with-paddle-attachment trick, whichever you prefer) then return to the crock pot.
- Add the butter and yogurt and stir well.
- Cook for 1-2 hours on low until it reaches your desired consistency.
I went about 30 minutes with the lid on, then 30 with the lid off, 30-on, 30-off. The result was a bit sloppy for picking up a sandwich to eat, but I ate mine open-faced and it was amazing.