Pizza is Hubby's favorite food. Anything that has the mention of pizza will at least give a first attempt around here and after this recent discovery, we may have may more attempts in our future.
Crock Pot Pizza
1 1/2 lbs ground meat (beef, sausage, etc.)
6 oz. (uncooked) wide egg noodles
24 oz spaghetti sauce
8 oz tomato sauce
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 pkg pepperoni
24 oz shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, Italian blend...your choice)
- Boil noodles just shy of package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Brown meat in a large skillet and add Italian seasoning.
- Once meat is browned, add the spaghetti and tomato sauces to the skillet.
- In your crock pot start with a layer of sauce on the bottom, then add 1/2 the noodles, 1/2 the package of pepperoni, and 1/2 the cheeses. Repeat (cheese should be your top layer).
- Cook on Low for 3-4 hours.
Super simple and tasty. I used a mixture of cheeses, one 8 oz package of cheddar, one 8 oz package of mozzarella, and one 8 oz package of Italian blend cheeses. I used a combination of ground beef and Italian sausage in my first attempt, next time I think I will go with straight ground beef although I may add in some mushrooms which I mention to do this time, but totally forgot to pick up a package at the market. Delicious and will most definitely be happening again this winter!