Welcome fall =)
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes
Adapted from Annie's Eats
Makes 12 cupcakes
1 1/3 cups flour
1 1/2 Tbsp instant espresso
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of cloves
7 1/2 oz pumpkin puree
1/2 cup granulated/white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup (strong) coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl mix together the flour, instant espresso, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In a stand mixer, combine the pumpkin puree, sugars and oil.
- Add the eggs in one at a time and beat well.
- On low speed add in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes for about 10 minutes and then brush with the 1/4 cup of coffee. Go over them twice letting the coffee soak in pretty good between each time.
- Cool completely and then ice the cupcakes with whipped cream frosting (I used store-bought because I am terrible at homemade icing at this time...perhaps at a later date I will master this...)
- When serving, dust with cinnamon and drizzle on some caramel sauce if you're looking for something extra tasty ;-)