Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Makes one 13 x 9 inch pan
2 cups crushed pretzels*
3/4 cup melted margarine
3 Tbsp sugar
6 oz box Strawberry Jell-O
20 oz frozen strawberries
2 cups water
8 oz cream cheese
4.5 oz Cool Whip
1 cup sugar
Pretzel Crust Layer
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix together melted butter, pretzels, and 3 Tbsp of sugar and pour into 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes (be careful not to over-bake).
- Allow to cool.
Strawberry Layer (Part 1)
- While pretzels are cooling, bring water to a boil in a medium sauce pan, then dissolve in the Jell-O.
- Continue stirring and mix in frozen strawberries.
- Set in the fridge while you prepare the cream cheese layer. (You don't want this to fully set-up, but you want it to not be a liquid when it goes on top of the cream cheese layer.)
Cream Cheese Layer
- Using a stand or hand mixer, combine Cool Whip, cream cheese, and 1 cup of sugar.
- Spread in an even layer over cooled pretzel crust.
- Place in the fridge for a few minutes to cool.
Strawberry Layer (Part 2)
- Stir the Jell-O and strawberry mixture and then spread on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
* I use Synder's of Hanover Thins...anything but the small rods works well