Wednesday, June 1, 2011

30 by 30

I decided to make a list of thirty things that I want to do by the time I'm thirty. As I most recently turned twenty-eight, I thought this was appropriate. This in an all encompassing list of items spanning various areas of life and should be pretty entertaining to complete. Since most are in fact food related I thought this was as good of a place to publish this list as any...and maybe, just maybe, by putting myself out there, I'll actually get through my list before I'm forty...you know...since it's already been several months with my list kept to myself and not a lot has gotten done...oops, my bad!

Without further adieu, in no particular order, here is my list:
  1. Bake a cheesecake in my spring-form pan, not from a box mix.
  2. Create a Beef Stew recipe that Hubby will eat.
  3. Scour the Internet for a Chicken with Black Bean Sauce recipe reminiscent of the dish at PF Changs. (Hubby's request)
  4. Perfect Snickerdoodles (since they have eluded me thus far!)
  5. Bake bread made with yeast.
  6. Attempt one Julia Child recipe.
  7. Bake a Martha Stewart cupcake successfully.
  8. Reorganize/redesign pantry storage situation (okay, so this will mostly be Hubby, but I can help!)
  9. Discover a delicious beef brisket recipe...smoker or no smoker I need to figure out how to get some tasty brisket into my belly!
  10. Get a decent understanding of the book of Revelation.
  11. Scripture Memory - complete at least one year of the Living Proof Ministries (Beth Moore's) Scripture Memory Challenge.
  12. See Beth Moore live, or attend another women's conference.
  13. Reacquaint ourselves with a young couples' ministry.
  14. Read through the Bible chronologically.
  15. Watch the Godfather Movies.
  16. Do one of the Oscar days at the movie theater where you watch all the best picture nominations in one day/weekend.
  17. Read more...a lot more. Granted this isn't measurable, so let's say (realistically) 15 books.
  18. Get a library card to assist in accomplishing #17.
  19. Be better about having Date Nights and actually taking advantage of babysitting offers.
  20. Become a KCBS Certified BBQ Judge, just like Hubby.
  21. Complete wedding scrapbook.
  22. Dine at one of the Top Chef contestants' restaurants...or more ;-)
  23. Attempt a Top Chef contestant recipe.
  24. Attain a reasonable/healthy weight and maintain so I can go through my closet and actually get rid of some clothes that are never going to happen again.
  25. Figure out a plan for the master bath (our master suite is structurally confusing and slowly we're working on it.)
  26. Take a vacation... preferably one that does not require me to cook or clean house although a rental situation requiring such things would be an acceptable second vacation ;-)
  27. WVU Girls Weekend =) Maybe two of them ;-) Or three 0=)
  28. Swimming lessons, namely for LJ, but it couldn't hurt me either to become more comfortable in the water.
  29. Go to the eye doctor, probably should happen since it's been since my 2002 Lasik surgery.
  30. Figure out what I want to be when I'm not a stay-at-home-mom anymore =P
I reserve the right to alter this list as I deem necessary...

I'll revisit the list and give updates periodically, I'm already impressed by how many things I'm actually working on without having looked at the list since February, ha! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment