Monday, October 4, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I love fall. I love soup. I love soup for dinner in the fall (okay, so anytime really, but fall is just a good excuse!) I've been making this soup over the summer (like I said, I'll go for soup anytime!) but figured I would post it now since it's on the menu for dinner tonight in my house! The base recipe I got from a friend who got it from a friend...that's the way the best recipes are derived in my humble opinion (and yes, I said "derived" on a recipe blog...because I'm a nerd.)

Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serves 6

1 lb chicken breasts (two or three), cooked and shredded (or 1 de-boned rotisserie chicken)
EVOO
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic
1 cup frozen corn
1 Tbsp hot sauce
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp chili powder
3 1/2 cups chicken broth (about one box)
1 can Rotel Tomatoes
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  1. In the bottom of the soup pot drizzle some EVOO and sauté the onions and garlic for a few minutes.
  2. Add in the remaining ingredients and reduce heat to a simmer.
  3. Stir occasionally and the soup will be ready to eat in about 45 minutes although as with any soup, the longer the better! I serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded cheese...yummy yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment