I've been in a pumpkin baking mood of late (okay, ever since those Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes happened about a month ago). I've saved several things to try and this was the first of those new recipes, it's sort of delicious.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
Adapted from Martha Stewart
Makes one 13x9 inch pan
2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
8.5 oz pumpkin puree
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
10-12oz Semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used 5 oz chunks and 6 oz mini chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a 13x9 inch pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a stand mixer.
- Add in egg , vanilla, and pumpkin then beat til combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes and allow to cool before cutting.
These make a delicious breakfast treat with a cup of coffee...you know, if you're into that type of thing ;-)