Balsamic Chicken and Tomatoes
Adapted from Skinny Crock Pot
1.5 lbs chicken breast (I used tenders)
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 can diced tomatoes
3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/4 tsp thyme
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large crock pot, set inside a smaller casserole dish (one that has a lid!) and drizzle the bottom of the dish with EVOO.
- Put the chicken in a single layer in the dish and sprinkle with garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Cover with sliced onions and tomatoes then pour the vinegar on top.
- Cover the casserole dish and then put the regular crock pot lid on the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours. (I stirred once towards the end when things were getting a bit too hot...next time I may cook low and slow.)
- Serve over your choice of pasta.