Saturday, November 26, 2011

Balsamic Chicken and Tomatoes

I saw this recipe on a friend's Pinterest account and knew I needed to try it from the picture alone. I used my "shrink the crock pot" trick and made the recipe more accessible for my small family (and because I initially read the amount of chicken wrong) and it was a winner. I need to work on the noodle situation as it was sort of weird logistically and we're nerds and like our food to be easy to consume =P

Balsamic Chicken and Tomatoes
Adapted from Skinny Crock Pot
Serves 4

1.5 lbs chicken breast (I used tenders)
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 can diced tomatoes
3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/4 tsp thyme
Salt and pepper, to taste
EVOO
  1. In a large crock pot, set inside a smaller casserole dish (one that has a lid!) and drizzle the bottom of the dish with EVOO.
  2. Put the chicken in a single layer in the dish and sprinkle with garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper.
  3. Cover with sliced onions and tomatoes then pour the vinegar on top.
  4. Cover the casserole dish and then put the regular crock pot lid on the crock pot.
  5. Cook on high for 3-4 hours. (I stirred once towards the end when things were getting a bit too hot...next time I may cook low and slow.)
  6. Serve over your choice of pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment