This recipe is my adaptation of one of the Neely's recipes on FoodNetwork.com. I made this on a Saturday afternoon for a hearty lunch and it was definitely a hit. I shall count this as my March success.
Ham and Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 8 ounces finely chopped ham steak
- 1 cup finely chopped pineapple
- 4 cups rice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large wok and add the onion, garlic, ginger, and green onions. Saute until tender about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the red bell pepper and the ham steak and saute until the pepper starts to soften.
- Add the rice and pineapple and break up any lumps. Stir-fry until lightly browned, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Mix in the sesame oil, and the soy sauce and serve.