This year I decided to test out a crock-pot pulled chicken recipe using our our dry rub as the flavor base. While this won't have the smokey flavor we love, it may just hold us over as we eagerly anticipate springtime!
Crock-Pot Pulled Chicken BBQ
3 lbs chicken breasts
3 Tbsp BBQ dry rub/BBQ Seasoning Blend
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4cup brown sugar, packed
2 tsp Worcestershire
1 tsp ground mustard
A few dashes of Liquid Smoke
- Put the chicken in the bottom of the crock-pot.
- In a small bowl mix together the remaining ingredients and then pour over the chicken.
- Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- Resist the urge to remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken from the crock-pot and use forks to shred the chicken and put it back into the crock-pot and mix with the sauce.
- You can let it cook in the sauce for a little longer if you like, or serve after mixing.
Hubby and I differed on our love for this recipe. I liked flavor a lot and will probably keep experimenting with the sauce. It's definitely a "sandwich" BBQ...would be mighty tasty with a good slaw and pickle if you're into that kind of thing ;-)