Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Roasted Potatoes

These potatoes are one of our dieting go-to sides. Super easy and pretty flavorful which is a high demand during diet season. I made these to go along with Lombardi Chicken and it was a tasty match-up!

Roasted Dijon Potatoes
Serves 4
Estimated 2 pts.

1 lb potatoes, peeled, washed, and cubed
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 Tbsp rosemary
1/2 Tbsp oregano
1/2 Tbsp parsley
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. In a large Ziplock bag mix all of the ingredients together, shake to coat.
  3. Pour into a greased pan.
  4. Bake for 45-50 minutes, stirring once in the middle of the cook time. Cook time will vary based on the size of your potato pieces.
I've also done these at 425 for 25-30 minutes so it can work with a variety of other sides/proteins you may have in the oven at the same time. I love me some versatile sides!

It's on my to-do list to attempt these with honey mustard instead of Dijon since I usually don't like mustard at all...I am only mildly turned off by the mustard flavor in these potatoes. I wonder if I would like them even more if I experimented with the mustard flavor...

No comments:

Post a Comment