Sunday, January 9, 2011

Ranch Potatoes

A delicious side, but not for ones who fear butter. I made this several weeks ago (we're talking before Christmas) and for whatever reason forgot to write down the recipe.

Ranch Potatoes
Adapted from Mandi

1 bag of baby red potatoes
4 Tbsp butter/margerine
1 packet, Ranch Salad Dressing/Seasoning Mix
  1. Wash potatoes and prepare as you would for mashed potatoes (for me that means cutting them in half or quarters depending on the size of the potatoes, skins on).
  2. Drain and pour into a baking dish.
  3. Melt butter and dissolve ranch seasoning packet. Pour over potatoes
  4. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
This method was quite ranch-y, if you make with regular potatoes, I'd say 3 or 4 large potatoes would do the trick, the small bags of mini potatoes may be a little too heavy on the ranch-side depending on how salty you like you food. It could be delicious, or scary. Perhaps playing with the butter ratio would be a good idea too, especially if you're using salted butter or margarine.

Regardless, this will definitely be happening again once the diet is over ;-)

PS - I've also tried just mashing the potatoes with the butter, ranch, and about a cup of shredded cheddar cheese for some loaded mashed potatoes. We were too hungry to wait for the baking step the first time I made these potatoes so I did a mash instead and it was amazing. Reminded me of the Sargento Potato Finishers which we absolutely love, but can no longer find in our local market (none of the three I frequent on a regular basis, very sad =( ) so I'm not even sure if they are still producing those baggies of joy or not....

No comments:

Post a Comment