Friday, January 7, 2011

Apple Pie

Last night I gave the new pie pan a true test...apple pie. I have never been able to bake an apple pie that turned out quite right, but I must say I'm getting closer. This year during the traditional Post-Thanksgiving-Lasagna-and-Apple-Pie gathering with Hubby's family and friends I helped out with the apple pie making to try and fix this problem. There is no measuring with this apple pie (mostly because a lot is dependent on the pan you are using and you have to customize the quantity of filling to make the pie as delicious as possible), but I think one of the key's is in the actual baking of the pie.

Notes for future attempts:
  • Adorable pie pan needs more than 3 lbs. of apples (Granny Smith's of course!)
  • Bake at 450 for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 for 30 minutes. (Bottom rack)
  • Cover the edges of the crust during the first half of cooking next time instead of the last half.
Delicious!

**Please disregard the weirdness of my photo...I take terrible pictures, but figured this would be the best way to remember what 3 lbs. of apples cooked down to look like for future reference.

2 comments:

  1. I love the new website page and the photo! It helps me to better visualize how it will look like if I attempt to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm glad you like the changes =) I'm a terribly photographer, but I figured I would give it a try!

    ReplyDelete