Saturday, January 30, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

Yesterday I found the last peanut butter cookie recipe I will ever try.  From Annie's Eats (adapted from Cook's Illustrated, my absolute favorite go-to cooking folks) I made zero alterations (okay, I didn't have enough butter so I used half butter and half margarine) to this Chewy Peanut Butter Cookie recipe which is nothing short of perfection.  My house is a house of cookie lovers, soft cookies to be exact.  If soft, chewy delicious cookies are your thing, well my friends you must try these (even though they are without the signature criss-cross marks on the top, I have decided that I'm okay with that...)  It was nice to take a break from my quest to perfect the Snickerdoodle long enough to stumble upon these gems. 
 
Hubby was most proud that in my current condition (both physical and mental) that I was able to successfully bake these cookies...his hopes for me being about to recreate once Baby is living in the outside world are hesitant.  Here's to hoping I can make this magic happen again!

No comments:

Post a Comment