Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Goulash

So this recipe was a hand-me-down from Husband's collection. I've since come into a groove in making it and although it's merely a variation of spaghetti...it makes me feel better knowing that it is technically called something else (and thus releases me from feeling guilty in cooking this and spaghetti in the same week...which I have totally done before.)

Atkinson Goulash
(Serves 4-6)

Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 can of condensed tomato soup
1 can of diced tomatoes (I use the Italian seasoned version)
1 can (small) tomato sauce (I use the Italian seasoned version)
6 oz. egg noodles

1. Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet.

2. Put pot of water onto boil.

3. Add tomato soup, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce to the meat and reduce heat.

4. Cook egg noodles for 5-6 minutes, drain.

5. Put hot noodles back into pot and pour contents of the skillet on top.

6. Stir to combine and serve.

Yes, it's that simple...it's kinda like spaghetti stew...which is okay by me any day =)

No comments:

Post a Comment