Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Scott's Spaghetti Sauce

In talking with some friends I came to realize that although I tend to cook a lot, I was one of the few who did not make spaghetti sauce from a recipe. I love spaghetti, but am not very picky with my spaghetti and so will use several different types of jarred sauces. When I make lasagna, I make the meat sauce homemade, but never when we just have the quick spaghetti dinner during the week.

Well, one thing led to another and I was able to swipe a recipe from one of my gals. It was quite the hit for dinner tonight and even though we are quite generous with our sauce portions, there were plenty of leftovers to spare! Not sure it will completely overtake the conviennence of the jarred sauce, but it was most definitely a welcome alternative =)

Scott's Spaghetti Sauce
Serves 4-6

1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
14.5 oz can tomato sauce
1 can condensed tomato soup
1/2 c. ketcup
Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and pepper

  • In a large skillet, brown together ground beef and chopped onion.

  • Add in the remaining ingredients, cover, and lower heat.

  • Simmer for about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment