Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Last Minute Chili Night

Normally my go-to chili is an all-day (and over night) affair, but tonight I just had no time for such things. When the pregnant lady wants chili, the pregnant lady gets chili! I decided to wing it with ingredients I had on-hand and adapt my normal chili recipe for an impromptu chili night. Combined with a salad and grilled cheese this totally made my Tuesday night.

Weeknight Chili

1/2 lb. ground beef
1/3 c. chopped onion (totally cheated and used frozen)
2 tsp. flour
2 1/2 tsp. chili powder
Cumin (to taste)
14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
14/5 oz can of dark red kidney beans
  • Brown ground beef and onion together and a large sauce pan.
  • Add flour, chili powder, and cumin - stir until absorbed.
  • Add diced tomatoes and can of beans (liquid included).
  • Reduce heat and simmer covered for at least an hour. If you find the mixture too soupy, remove the lid to help thicken.
  • Serve with shredded cheddar cheese 0=)
I think this should probably serve 3, but since we're ridiculous, the two of us ate the whole batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment