Tuna Noodle Casserole
Adapted from Gina's Skinny Recipes
Estimated Point Value: 6pts
6 oz egg noodles (well, no yolk, or whole grain ones)
1 Tbsp margarine
1 onion, chopped
3 Tbsp flour
1 3/4 cups chicken stock
1 cup skim milk
1 oz Marsala
10 oz sliced mushrooms
1 cup frozen peas
2 (5 oz) cans tuna in water, drained
Garlic salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper, to taste
4 oz shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare noodles according to the package instructions, drain, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter.
- Sprinkle in flour and allow to cook out a bit, then whisk in chicken stoke and milk until smooth.
- Once boiling add in Marsala, peas, and mushrooms and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add in drained tune, garlic salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper (if you like a little heat) to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese.
- Combine noodles with the sauce mixture and pour into casserole dish.
- Top the casserole with the Parmesan and the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.