Tortellini and Sausage Casserole
2 Tbsp Butter
1/2 c. Onions, chopped
8 oz Mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbsp Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
2 c. Milk
3 links of pork sausage, browned
4 oz Gouda Cheese, shredded
1 c Frozen Peas and Carrots
9 oz Package of Refrigerated Cheese Tortellini
1/2 c Ritz Crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a small casserole dish (1.5 quart).
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan and cook onions and mushrooms until soft.
- Stir in flour and salt then gradually add the milk, stirring constantly.
- Once bubbly, remove from heat and add in sausage, peas/carrots, cheese, and tortellini.
- Pour into casserole dish and top with the crushed crackers.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until bubbly.
I used some mild Italian sausage for this batch that I had leftover from Make Your Own Calzone day (one of our favorites!) and some smoky Gouda cheese. This recipe is definitely a keeper and Hubby declared that he would not change a thing (success!)