Chicken Stuffed with Broccoli and Cheese
Adapted from Gina's Skinny Recipes
Serves 4 (one large and one small chicken cutlet per serving)
Estimated Point Value: 8 pts.
1 tsp + 1 Tbsp EVOO
4 cloves garlic, minced
1-box chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
3 oz reduced fat mozzarella cheese
8 chicken cutlets (~24 oz total)
1/2 cup Italian seasoned wheat breadcrumbs
1 lemon, juiced
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 and prepare casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in 1 tsp of EVOO until golden then add broccoli and cook through for a minute or two.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and remove from heat.
- Once cooled enough to handle, mix in mozzarella cheese.
- In two rimmed shallow bowls prepare the breading ingredients: one bowl with the breadcrumbs and 2 Tbsp of Parmesan cheese mixed and one bowl with the lemon juice, 1 Tbsp of EVOO, salt and pepper.
- Lay the chicken out on a cutting board (you can pound thin if you like, but it's not necessary) and put a layer of 3 Tbsp of the broccoli mixture onto the chicken.
- Roll each chicken cutlet up, dip in the lemon/EVOO and then in the breadcrumbs. Lay in the casserole dish seam down (no need to use toothpicks).
- Bake at 450 for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
I served ours with some two-point potatoes and some zero-point veggies. Delicious!