And yes, I forgot to take a picture...
Chicken and White Bean Enchiladas
Adapted from Gina's Skinny Recipes
Makes 8 Enchiladas
Estimated point value: 4 pts per enchilada
1 tsp EVOO
1 softball-sized white onion
2 cloves minced garlic
3 - 4.5 oz cans diced green chiles
15.5 oz can Cannellini beans
8oz (one large) chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 -1/2 cup chicken stock
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
2 jalapenos, chopped
1/2 cup lite sour cream
3 oz shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
8 low carb tortillas (medium/soft taco)
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large skillet, saute 1/4 cup of the minced onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add one can of the green chiles, beans (undrained), 1/2 cup chicken stock, and cumin. Mix well and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until mixture thickens and the vast majority of the liquid is gone.
- Set aside to cool.
Green Enchilada Sauce
- In a large pan, saute the rest of the onion in butter until tender.
- Add in flour and cook out a bit before whisking in the remaining 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Whisk sauce until smooth and up to a boil.
- Once the sauce has thickened up a bit add the other cans of chiles, jalapenos, salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat and stir in sour cream.
- In a greased casserole dish, spread a small amount of enchilada sauce on the bottom (1/4 cup or so).
- Fill each tortilla with the chicken mixture, roll up, and place in the casserole dish seam-side down (I'm a weirdo and I weigh everything to make sure the filling is evenly distributed...no one likes to have that one tiny enchilada that inevitably happens if you eye-ball it and have a poor eye-balling skills...like me.)
- Spread the rest of the enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.