Saturday, December 11, 2010

Breakfast Casserole

Apparently I am into sausage lately. This is a recipe that one of my friends brought to our Thursday mom's group. Delicious and since I'm on the hunt for some Christmas morning recipes I thought I better give it a test run 0=) I think my oven runs a little hot so things were done a bit sooner than the timer, but it was still tasty!

Breakfast Casserole
(Adapted from Allrecipes.com by TT =) )

1 lb. sausage (I used Bob Evans)
1 Pillsbury crescent roll sheet
10 eggs
1/2 cup milk
8 oz shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack, but Mozzerella and Cheddar would work)
1 tsp dried oregano

  1. Preheat oven to 350, lightly grease or spray a baking dish with nonstick spray then line bottom of prepared baking dish with crescent roll dough, pre-bake for 6-7 mins
  2. Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain and crumble.
  3. Sprinkle crumbled sausage into bottom of crescent roll dough.
  4. In a large bowl, mix beaten eggs, mozzarella, cheddar, and milk. Season the mixture with oregano, and pour over the sausage and crescent rolls.
  5. Bake for 25 mins at 350, reduce heat and bake at 325 for 20 mins. Eggs should be set or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Time saving tips:
  • Prepare steps 1-3 and store in fridge once cooled.
  • Prepare step 4 and store in fridge overnight
  • In the morning, pour egg mixture onto dough & sausage and bake in preheated oven according to step 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment