Ranch and bacon, what is there not to love about about those two ingredients? After browsing Tasty Kitchen I decided to take a few of the recipes I saw that had similar ranch/bacon/chicken combinations and take the best of each and create my own concoction. Here's the result:
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 8 oz Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 oz. Packet Ranch Powder Mix
- ½ cups Dijon Mustard
- ½ cups Honey
- ½ teaspoons Paprika
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 6 slices Bacon (3 for each chicken breast)
- Mix together marinade of: lemon juice, 1 Tbsp of minced garlic, 1 Tbsp of olive oil, ranch packet, dijon mustard, honey, and paprika. Marinate chicken breasts for at least 30 minutes.
- Sauté mushrooms with butter and the remaining garlic and olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and while oven is preheating brown chicken in a skillet.
- Place browned chicken onto a cookie sheet and finish baking in the oven for 10-15 minutes. (I also cook my bacon at this time on a cooling rack placed on another cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes -- or you can cook the bacon first then brown up the chicken in a bit of the leftover bacon grease, to each her own!)
- Remove chicken and bacon from the oven. Top chicken breasts with a few slices of cooked bacon, sautéed mushrooms, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Return the chicken breasts to the oven for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.