Estimated Point Value: 3 pts (without tortilla)
1 tsp minced garlic (2 cloves)
1 tsp dried minced onion
3/4 tsp cumin
3/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried cilantro
1/2 tsp black peppers
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c fresh citrus juice (I used a lemon, lime, orange combo)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, cut into strips
1 large bell pepper, cut into strips
1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Mix together all the dried spices, citrus juices, and olive oil together. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade in a small bowl for later and pour the rest into a Ziplock bag.
- Add chicken strips into the Ziplock bag marinade and refrigerate (I kept mine in the fridge for a few hours).
- Add the chicken to a large skillet and cook until browned (discard marinade) and remove from the pan.
- Saute the pepper and onion with the reserved marinate for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken back into the pan and cook until heated through.
- Serve with tortillas (I was able to find some large ones for 2 pts a piece), or on top of a large salad.