Snickerdoodle French Toast with Warm Apple Sauce
For the toast:
3/4 cup Milk
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt
4 slices of Bread
1/4 cup Sugar
3 tsp. Cinnamon
For the sauce:
1 tsp. Butter
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
6 Tbsp Water
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
2 Small Apples (or one large one), peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
Warm Apple Sauce
- In a small sauce pan, melt together the butter and sugar for the sauce.
- Add the water, cinnamon, and apples to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Cook on medium-high for at least 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar, set aside.
- Mix together milk, eggs, vanilla, and pinch of salt - pour into a shallow bowl.
- Dip bread in sugar mixture, sprinkle one side with cinnamon and sugar mixture, and put into a pre-heated skillet (medium-high heat).
- Sprinkle the other side of the bread with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Cook on both sides until toast is firm and no longer wet.
- Serve with warm apple sauce.
I'm not an expert at french toast yet (still a little on the soggy-side), but I'm willing to give it another try and keep perfecting this new breakfast item =)