Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins

On Friday I took my daughter strawberry picking. I always remember doing this with my dad in the late spring, early summer and was excited to take her for the first time. I made Strawberry Shortcake over the weekend as Hubby's birthday was on Saturday and Strawberry Shortcake is his absolute favorite dessert. Mondays at home are my usual routine and I decided to whip up a batch of Strawberry Muffins, partially because I wanted to try out my new Vanilla Extract!

Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins
Makes 18 muffins

2 cups whole wheat all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
2/3 cup white sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1 1/2 cup strawberries, quartered (slightly frozen)

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare muffin tin.
  2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, and butter.
  4. Add the vanilla extract and yogurt to the sugar mixture.
  5. Gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
  6. Fold in the strawberries (mine were slightly frozen which helped them keep their shape).
  7. Scoop batter into muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment