Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ham and Mushroom Quiche


What to do with leftover Easter ham? The possibilities are all delicious, but this year I attempted my first quiche. From what I gathered doing some research on the interwebz, there were about a bazillion ways to make quiche. I stumbled along and came up with something I found pretty tasty (and it even qualified as "dinner" for Hubby which is quite a feat since he would probably say there is only one person's serving of actual ham in the quiche ;-) )

Ham and Mushroom Quiche
Serves 6

8 oz diced cooked ham
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 small red onion
4 eggs
1 cup milk
6 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 refrigerated pie crust (Pillsbury is my brand of choice)
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare a pie pan for baking with the refrigerated pie crust.
  2. In a skillet with some olive oil, saute the mushrooms and onion together until soft.
  3. Layer the ham on the bottom of the pie shell, then the onion/mushrooms, and finally the cheese.
  4. In a bowl, beat together the eggs and milk and pour over the top of the quiche filling.
  5. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes until the egg is set and a knife stuck in the middle comes out clean.
  6. Allow to cool a bit before serving.
Super easy and super delicious. I didn't use any seasoning since the various components were pretty flavorful on their own. I have a feeling you could adjust the filling for whatever veggies you had on-hand and it would be just as delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment