Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Buffalo Pulled Chicken

A while back I found a pin for this type of thing on Pinterest. The recipe took me back to a blog I'd never been to before called My Kitchen Apron and I decided to give it a shot although I made several changes after reading reviews and such. It was pretty tasty, but definitely hit my preferred tolerance-level as far as the heat was concerned (Bing would probably not consume this as he and I share drastically different "pepper palates" as it were. It made for a tasty open-faced sandwich with some ranch dressing drizzled over the top though and it shall be a tasty treat to keep in the freezer when I want a warm treat!

Buffalo Pulled Chicken
Serves 5 (generously)
Estimated Point Value: 4.5 pts

1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts (I used frozen)
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch mix
2 Tbsp butter, salted
1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
  1. In a crock pot, layer the chicken breasts after spraying the pot with cooking spray.
  2. Sprinkle the packet of dressing mix over the top of the chicken.
  3. Pour the hot sauce and chicken stock over the chicken.
  4. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
  5. After 4 hours remove the chicken from the crock pot and "pull" (using two forks or the handy stand-mixer-with-paddle-attachment trick, whichever you prefer) then return to the crock pot.
  6. Add the butter and yogurt and stir well.
  7. Cook for 1-2 hours on low until it reaches your desired consistency.

    I went about 30 minutes with the lid on, then 30 with the lid off, 30-on, 30-off. The result was a bit sloppy for picking up a sandwich to eat, but I ate mine open-faced and it was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment