These cookies are incredibly simple (for me that means "does not require stand mixer" or anything really special ingredient-wise). Watch the timing on the baking, my first try they became rather chewy/crispy after they cooled (things I did not think could co-exist in a cookie).
1 Box - Yellow Cake Mix (suggested Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic Yellow)
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. light brown sugar
1 Tbsp. cocoa powder (suggested Hershey's)
1 c. butterscotch chips (suggested Hershey's)
1. Preheat oven to 305 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients except butterscotch chips together (be sure to get out all the cake-mix lumps).
3. Fold in butterscotch chips.
4. Drop by the spoonful on greased pan (or parchment paper lined pan).
5. Bake for 14 minutes (do not over bake). Allow to cool on pan 1 minute, then transfer to wire rack.
Makes 2-3 dozen cookies.