Vanilla Eggnog Bundt Cake
Adapted from Smells Like Home
15 oz (3 cups) all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 sticks butter, unsalted and softened
14 oz (2 cups) granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup eggnog
1 Tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and spices; set aside.
- In a liquid measuring cup, measure out 1 cup of egg nog and add in 1 Tbsp of vanilla; set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs one at a time until combined.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and with mixer running, pour in 1/2 of the liquid.
- Scrap down the sides, and repeat.
- Scrape down the sides once more and add the remaining 1/3 of the batter and stir until just combined.
- Pour/spread into a well greased bundt pan (seriously, grease well, mine did not come out so pretty during this first attempt, delicious, but not pretty!)
- Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes or until done.
- Cool for about 10 minutes in the pan before turning out on a cooling rack to finish cooling off the cake.