Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sweet Salsa Chicken - 3 pts.

Oh look, another chicken recipe from the WeightWatchers message boards =P This one was not quite as successful as some of the others. I am not a huge mustard fan and I really thought the mustard wouldn't over power the salsa, but that's pretty much all I could smell when it came out of the oven. I'm sure I could fix this with some additional work, but I may end up abandoning it...

Sweet Salsa Chicken
Serves 2
Estimated Point Value: 3 pts

2 chicken breast halves
8 oz salsa
1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
1Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, and minced garlic to taste

  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. Place chicken small baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
  3. Sprinkle dried spices over the chicken breasts.
  4. Combine the salsa, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard then pour over chicken.
  5. Bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment